- February 11, 2020
A Facebook member responded to our recent post Bill Moyers and Steve Harper on Lawyers, Liars and Trump on Trial with a question: Bill Moyers responds: I don’t know what in particular Joseph Campbell would say about our situation today. But I can imagine him lamenting, as he did when we talked some 30 years ago, our failure “to admit within ourselves the carnivorous, lecherous fever that is endemic to human nature.” Malevolent greed was on ...
- October 17, 2019Watch a clip from "Against All Odds"
- December 13, 2017Conservatism has turned itself into a civic religion and columnist Neal Gabler fears the damages wrought in the Trump era will be permanent and lasting.
- December 8, 2017Even the DREAM Act promises too little for too small a group. We must do more.
- December 5, 2017Union women, too, can demand that their organizations lead the nation’s response on sexual harassment; after all, more than half of the nation’s union members will soon be women.
- November 30, 2017Making distinctions is part of the fine art of justice.