- April 1, 2021Letters from an American
- January 22, 2021These words from legendary CBS producer Fred Friendly are on the mind of a former student.
- January 7, 2021With climate action finally on the table, journalists must redouble their commitment to the climate story.
- October 21, 2020All are available to stream in your living room.
- September 18, 2020
The effect of such climate silence is to imply that the wildfires are random—a stroke of bad luck, perhaps, in an already woefully unlucky year. But we know better than this. We know that we humans are causing disasters like this. And we know that we can solve the climate crisis, should we muster the political will to do so.
- August 3, 2020
What if the mainstream, reality-based media armed its audience with facts as emphatically and effectively as Fox News arms its audience with misinformation? What if the New York Times aggressively advocated for the truth, rather than just putting it out there for the record?
- July 28, 2020Print editions of newspapers and magazines have taken significant hits across the world as financial setbacks caused by COVID-19 rip through newsrooms. Will they disappear after the pandemic? Reporting from The Journalism Crisis Project