ALL POSTS BY Henry Giroux
- July 11, 2017Fighting back against the right's politics of exclusion can be a path toward rebuilding American democracy
- December 16, 2016This election brought back the scourge of authoritarianism in the toxic language of hate, humiliation and bigotry — and in the culture of war and violence.
- August 12, 2016Isolation and frustration have made people disdain community, public values and the public good — making them perfect targets for the Republican nominee's authoritarian and oversimplified rhetoric.
- June 8, 2016Choosing between the "lesser of two evils" to lead a country doesn't eliminate inequalities in America.
- April 18, 2016To make an effective social movement against authoritarianism, the discourse of all social issues in a political setting must be taught.
- January 13, 2016Focusing merely on mass shootings or the passing of gun legislation does not get to the root of the systemic forces that produced the United State's love affair with violence.