ALL POSTS BY Theresa Riley
- August 4, 2020The 2020 Census is the largest, most complex population count in the nation’s history that affects redistricting, federal funding and a host of other policy decisions for a decade. It's crucial we get the count right.
- July 27, 2020Democracy scholar Norm Ornstein writes in The Atlantic that "some creativity is in order," but disaster is avoidable if legislators act now.
- January 27, 2017Women on Medicaid have been more affected by the crusade against abortion for 40 years, and a new bill will extend restrictions to all American women.
- June 22, 2016"We can no longer wait. We can no longer be patient. So today we come to the well of the House to dramatize the need for action. "
- March 31, 2016Authors Ari Berman and Michael Waldman talk about the unequal history of voting in America, new voting rules and their concerns about what may happen later this year.
- October 5, 2015"I'm afraid I don't see how the US can helpfully respond in Afghanistan, at this point."