The problem here isn’t that we lack the knowledge to fix things — the problem is our political system.
- July 31, 2017Three riders deep inside the House appropriations bill would bar federal agencies from enforcing campaign finance laws.
- April 5, 2017Individuals taxpayers will give the IRS its biggest boost on April 18, so we should know what the government is doing with our money (but that doesn't mean we have to like it).
- October 28, 2016A leading economist on why we should scrap the income tax for one on conspicuous consumption, and why we should consider a national guaranteed income.
- October 7, 2016Our weekly roundup of money we're following...
- July 21, 2016Corporations are barred from contributing to party convention committees. But parties are finding other ways to get corporate money, and to get tax write-offs for their wealthy donors.
- March 30, 2016Republicans have taken direct aim at the state’s campaign-finance disclosure laws, but critics warn that the move will unleash a flood of dark money.
- December 13, 2015In a new petition, more than a hundred thousand Americans are asking the president to take action on special-interest money in politics.