The problem here isn’t that we lack the knowledge to fix things — the problem is our political system.
ALL POSTS BY David Sirota
- July 9, 2020
Three recent moves by President Trump’s labor secretary Eugene Scalia make it seem as if the agency is intent on being a Legion of Doom that funnels workers’ retirement savings to Wall Street billionaires and fossil fuel conglomerates.
- July 2, 2020
When Roberts was nominated in ’05, few focused on his business fealty, but he was appointed because he represented corporate clients aiming to transform the court — which is exactly what he’s doing.
- June 30, 2020The American public helped finance the development of remdesivir — and will now be charged $3,000 for a treatment that experts say costs less than $10 to produce.
- June 24, 2020The courthouse door was just slammed shut on workers and retirees whose pension plans get bilked.
- June 15, 2020A Labor Department letter could help Trump’s private equity donors fleece 100 million workers. The letter follows a $3 million super PAC donation from a Wall Street titan pushing for the change.
- May 28, 2020
We don’t call this “looting” because it is being done quietly in nice marbled office buildings in Washington and New York. We don’t call this “looting” because the looters wear designer suits and are very polite as they eagerly steal everything not nailed down to the floor.
- February 6, 2015Even members of Congress can only view the text of the agreement in a designated room, without their own staff members or experts present.
- December 8, 2014Public officials are blocking the release of information about how billions of dollars of public employees’ retirement nest eggs are being invested.
- November 21, 2014What if you held an election and nobody showed up to cover it?