ALL POSTS BY David Sirota
- February 6, 2015Even members of Congress can only view the text of the agreement in a designated room, without their own staff members or experts present.
- December 8, 2014Public officials are blocking the release of information about how billions of dollars of public employees’ retirement nest eggs are being invested.
- November 21, 2014What if you held an election and nobody showed up to cover it?
- August 23, 2014It's estimated the company would owe over $29 billion in US taxes if it repatriated the earnings it's keeping offshore.
- August 18, 2014Republicans are arguing that Wall Street should have the right to influence politicians’ investment decisions.
- May 9, 2014Los Angeles is being forced to spend $300 million a year on Wall Street fees. That's more than it spends on its roads. Other cities have been crushed by Wall Street fees as well.
- April 28, 2014Investors are secretly playing high-risk games with public pensions.
- March 14, 2014States are considering laws that prevent private companies from photographing license plates. The companies are pushing back.
- March 13, 2014The history of the phrase "inner city" seems to buttress assertions that it comes with racial connotations.