Federal land is scheduled to be handed over to private industry. The copper mine planned would be the largest in North America, sinking a section of the Tonto National Forest into a two-mile wide crater.
- December 29, 2020
- February 17, 2017Twenty-one states are now considering new laws to make it harder to vote.
- August 30, 2016Arizona and Florida, both states where voters have tried to end gerrymandering, vividly illustrate how hard politicians will work to maintain it.
- June 8, 2016In Sanders, Arizona, residents drank uranium-contaminated water for years.
- April 21, 2016The Nation's Ari Berman has been documenting the impact of new voting restrictions on the presidential primaries in a number of states. We've collected his reports here.
- April 4, 2016One of the country’s toughest voting restrictions takes effect for the April 5 primary.