The new speaker of the House has his conservative bonafides challenged by the far right but what really should worry them is his deep commitment to Washington’s status quo. Continue reading
ALL POSTS BY Bill Moyers
- October 27, 2015 | Updated October 30, 2015
- September 15, 2015Bill recommends a new anthology of poetry from James Autry.
- June 22, 2015This treaty can be worked out by debate and compromise. But not if the fix is in -- not if Boehner, McConnell and Obama put a fast one over on us.
- June 15, 2015 | Updated June 18, 2015The Trans-Pacific Partnership was stalled by the House last week, but President Obama and Republican leadership haven't given up on making their secret trade treaty come true.
- May 27, 2015
In a new speech, Bill Moyers chronicles the struggle of today’s journalists to report the truth despite dwindling resources and the opposition of the powerful. Continue reading
- March 4, 2015Bill Moyers and Michael Winship write that in Israel and the United States, the influence of one billionaire may threaten any hope for peace in the Middle East.
- January 17, 2015
As Congress tears down banking regulations, Bill talks with MIT economist Simon Johnson about the danger of another financial crisis. Continue reading