The Fight - and the Right - to Vote
The Fight - and the Right - to VoteTwo experts on American elections talk to Bill about the plot to keep citizens away from the ballot box.
SCOTUS Eviscerates the VRA in Texas Voter-ID Decision
SCOTUS Eviscerates the VRA in Texas Voter-ID DecisionWith the Supreme Court's latest ruling, Texans' civil liberties are once again under attack.
Marilynne Robinson on Keeping Faith in Democracy
Marilynne Robinson on Keeping Faith in DemocracyPulitzer Prize-winning author Marilynne Robinson talks to Bill about what the title character of her new book Lila, says about the state of democracy in America.
Edward Snowden and the Golden Age of Spying
Edward Snowden and the Golden Age of SpyingAn interview with Laura Poitras on her latest film, Citizenfour, a journey to the revelation of government mass surveillance and the Snowden era.
- Joshua Holland | October 22, 2014There's no reason to worry about Ebola -- but there are other pathogens lurking out there.
- Ari Berman | The Nation | October 22, 2014With the Supreme Court's latest ruling, Texans' civil liberties are once again under attack.
- October 22, 2014The New York Times reports that the subprime loan industry has gotten its way in a number of state legislatures.
- October 22, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Michael Winship | October 21, 2014The corporate giant is pouring money into a city council race in Richmond, California, site of one of the state's two largest oil refineries – both owned by Chevron.
- October 21, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- October 20, 2014"The greatest threat to public confidence in elections," Ginsburg concluded, would result from "enforcing a purposefully discriminatory law."