The Disease of American Democracy
The Disease of American DemocracyAmericans are sick of politics. Only 13 percent approve of the job Congress is doing, a near record low. The president’s approval ratings are also in the basement.
Maya Angelou on Facing Evil
Maya Angelou on Facing EvilIn this second of two programs celebrating the life and work of the late writer, Bill Moyers revisits a 1988 conference on evil.
Iraq Vet: Cops Have Better Weaponry Than We Had
Iraq Vet: Cops Have Better Weaponry Than We Had"Our gear wasn’t just protective, it was meant to be downright unwelcoming."
JPMorgan Chase’s $13 Billion Shadow
JPMorgan Chase’s $13 Billion ShadowA Nation article about JPMorgan Chase’s $13 billion settlement should confirm the public’s darkest suspicions about that institution and its CEO, writes Richard Eskow.
- August 20, 2014A new app reveals the politics of the companies behind the brands that you buy.
- August 20, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- John Nichols | The Nation | August 19, 2014The news from Ferguson highlights the need for a broader defense of journalism and democracy.
- August 19, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- David Sirota | In These Times | August 18, 2014Republicans are arguing that Wall Street should have the right to influence politicians’ investment decisions.
- Eduardo Galeano | TomDispatch | August 18, 2014What some of last century's cast of characters -- and the lives they led -- tell us about humanity.
- August 18, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...