Kmart To Employee: Work on Thanksgiving Day or Get Fired
Kmart To Employee: Work on Thanksgiving Day or Get FiredTwelve retail chains, including Kmart, will be open on Thanksgiving, requiring millions of people to work on the holiday.
Wendell Berry: Poet & Prophet
Wendell Berry: Poet & ProphetIn a rare television interview, environmental legend and writer leaves his Kentucky farm for an inspiring conversation with Bill.
Preview: The Long, Dark Shadows of Plutocracy
Preview: The Long, Dark Shadows of PlutocracyFrom luxury skyscrapers -- taller, more expensive and exclusive than ever before -- the dark shadows of plutocracy are spreading across the commons of democracy.
Dividing the Spoils
Dividing the SpoilsOn Capitol Hill, it's payback time for the wealthy donors who paid for the big victory.
- Scott Keyes | ThinkProgress | November 27, 2014In the US, there are 578,424 homeless people, a third of whom have no shelter at all.
- Andy Kroll | Mother Jones | November 26, 2014Over the past few years, the United States has been resegregated -- politically. You might recognize some of the brands and corporations behind this GOP effort.
- Charina Nadura | November 26, 2014The richest family in America can help their workers out of poverty by raising their wages and guaranteeing full-time jobs, and still earn a profit.
- November 26, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Joshua Holland | November 25, 2014Senators "lambasted" William Dudley for his responses to questions about the Fed's independence.