Video: The CIA's Covert War Against Castro
Video: The CIA's Covert War Against CastroIn this 1977 documentary, Bill Moyers talks to Fidel Castro about communism, President Nixon and American policy towards Cuba.
Busted: The Internet Tax Hoax of 2014
Busted: The Internet Tax Hoax of 2014The tall tales of the phone and cable lobby keep crumbling down.
Fighting Police Violence Through Music
Fighting Police Violence Through MusicWho are the new Dylans, Public Enemys, Simones and De La Rochas of 2014?
Citigroup Will Be Broken Up
Citigroup Will Be Broken UpSpeaking at the Senate on Friday evening, Sen. Elizabeth Warren said the mega-bank should be broken "into pieces."
- Frances Fox Piven | The Nation | December 22, 2014The essays in Some Truths Are Not Self-Evident remind us that Zinn was not just a historian: he was also deeply involved in the major 20th century struggles for social justice in the United States.
- December 22, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Bernard Weisberger | December 21, 2014In light of the CIA torture report, it's the perfect time to reflect on Orwell's essay, "Politics and the English Language."
- Steve Fraser | Special to BillMoyers.com | December 19, 2014In this excerpt from Steve Fraser's new book, The Age of Acquiescence, the historian wonders why people in the second Gilded Age aren't fighting back the way they did the first time.
- December 19, 2014"Not all my restaurant co-workers are college dropouts. Many have bachelor’s degrees; others have real estate licenses, freelancing projects or extraordinary musical and artistic abilities."
- Sherry Jones | Special to BillMoyers.com | December 19, 2014Torture was not the work of a few “bad apples” – in the CIA or the military – but the result of official policy set at the government’s highest levels.