The Oceans Are on the Verge of Mass Extinction
The Oceans Are on the Verge of Mass ExtinctionBetween over-fishing and habitat destruction, the oceans may be on the brink of their own extinction catastrophe.
Not So Fast, Net Neutrality...
Not So Fast, Net Neutrality...With support for an open Internet stronger than ever, Congress tries to block with legislation.
Over Half of P.S. Students Are From Low Income Families
Over Half of P.S. Students Are From Low Income FamiliesFor the first time in at least 50 years, low income students are now a majority of the schoolchildren attending the nation’s public schools.
12 Ways 'Citizens United' Changed Politics
12 Ways 'Citizens United' Changed PoliticsThe increased role of money in politics is reshaping our political landscape. Here's how.
- Sarah Edelman and Julia Gordon | Center for American Progress | January 29, 2015Half of all renters spend more than 30 percent of their gross income on housing, while 27 percent spend more than 50 percent — both sharp increases over the last decade.
- Sam Brodey | Mother Jones | January 29, 2015Local prosecutors end up being responsible for most of the exonerations.
- Bill Bigelow | Zinn Education Project | January 29, 2015As we remember Howard Zinn five years after his passing, let’s count him among the many social justice heroes and teachers who offer proof that people’s efforts make a difference — that ordinary people can change the world.
- Katie Rose Quandt | January 29, 2015Read one struggling mom's efforts to keep her family afloat.
- January 29, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Erin Quinn and Chris Young | Center for Public Integrity | January 28, 2015Forget lobbying. When Washington, DC’s biggest trade associations want to wield influence, they often put far more of their money into advertising and public relations.
- Marian Wright Edelman | Children's Defense Fund | January 28, 2015These policies could be pursued immediately, improving the lives and futures of millions of children and eventually saving taxpayers hundreds of billions of dollars annually.
- January 28, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...