Not So Fast, Net Neutrality...
Not So Fast, Net Neutrality...With support for an open Internet stronger than ever, Congress tries to block with legislation.
Over Half of Our Students Are From Low Income Families
Over Half of Our Students Are From Low Income FamiliesFor the first time in at least 50 years, low income students are now a majority of the schoolchildren attending the nation’s public schools.
12 Ways 'Citizens United' Changed Politics
12 Ways 'Citizens United' Changed PoliticsThe increased role of money in politics is reshaping our political landscape. Here's how.
Enviro Groups Denounce Fast Track Trade Process
Enviro Groups Denounce Fast Track Trade ProcessIn a letter, 41 organizations, including the Sierra Club, NRDC and 350.org, demand less secrecy and more transparency in TPP negotiations.
- Tom Philpott | Mother Jones | January 28, 2015Between over-fishing and habitat destruction, the oceans may be on the brink of their own extinction catastrophe.
- Erin Quinn and Chris Young | Center for Public Integrity | January 28, 2015Forget lobbying. When Washington, DC’s biggest trade associations want to wield influence, they often put far more of their money into advertising and public relations.
- Marian Wright Edelman | Children's Defense Fund | January 28, 2015These policies could be pursued immediately, improving the lives and futures of millions of children and eventually saving taxpayers hundreds of billions of dollars annually.
- January 28, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Katie Rose Quandt | January 27, 2015Read Money Talks, our weekly roundup of the best reporting on the influence of money on our democracy.
- Stephanie Spear | EcoWatch | January 27, 2015President Obama’s administration moved to protect the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska, one of the most wild and remote areas in the world.
- Erik Stegman | Center for American Progress | January 27, 2015A new presidential initiative holds a lot of promise for Native American youth who face more barriers to success than almost any other group in the country.
- Isaiah J. Poole | Campaign for America's Future Blog | January 27, 2015Multinationals' promise to spend tax break cash on infrastructure and jobs is bogus.
- Dean Baker | Truthout | January 27, 2015Let's end the spectacle of highly paid people, subsidized with our tax dollars, pondering the problem of inequality.