The Left Matters – Now, More Than Ever
The Left Matters – Now, More Than EverClearly, the left matters. Why, then, is it so difficult for progressives to get a seat at the table?
Trying to Survive in a Broken Economy
Trying to Survive in a Broken EconomyThey say in America if you work hard you will make it, but this man's story proves that what America needs is to increase the minimum wage.
The Political Roots of Widening Inequality
The Political Roots of Widening InequalityThe key to understanding the rise in inequality isn’t technology or globalization. It’s the power of the moneyed interests to shape the underlying rules of the market.
The Trans-Pacific Partnership: This Is Not About Ricardo
The Trans-Pacific Partnership: This Is Not About RicardoThe TPP is not only – perhaps not even mostly – about freer trade, and thus who gains and who loses is very much dependent on the exact details of the agreement.
- Ari Berman | The Nation | May 27, 2015Fifty years ago, African-Americans were denied the right to vote. Now the vast majority of Americans are being denied the rightful value of their vote.
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | May 27, 2015A roundup of some of the money and politics stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Bill Moyers | May 27, 2015In a new speech, Bill Moyers chronicles the struggle of today's journalists to report the truth despite dwindling resources and the opposition of the powerful.
- John Nichols | The Nation | May 26, 2015Ireland, a predominantly Catholic country, made a historic decision on Friday to be the first country in the world to legalize same-sex marriage via popular vote.
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | May 26, 2015A roundup of some of the money and politics stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Vandana Shiva | Common Dreams | May 22, 2015Biodiverse, ecological agriculture in the hands of women is a solution not just to the malnutrition crisis, but also the climate crisis.
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | May 22, 2015A roundup of some of the money and politics stories we’re reading at Moyers & Company HQ…