- May 2, 2017Trump imagines Jackson, a slaveholder, as a “big hearted” statesman who could have averted the Civil War.
- April 30, 2017The Resistance needs to develop a memory of how past generations confronted reactionary threats to American democracy.
- April 28, 2017It makes sense if you analyze it through the lens of the historical model of white governors, legislators and boards of regents in the Jim Crow South, who used the financial fragility of HBCUs as leverage to require political submission.
- April 24, 2017
Today is Holocaust Remembrance Day. In this clip from an interview Bill Moyers did with Nobel Laureate and human rights advocate Elie Wiesel in 1991, he talks about his own childhood experiences at Auschwitz and addresses our capacity for humanity, inhumanity, violence and retribution.
- April 21, 2017The astrophysicist says that when you have people who don't know much about science denying it and rising to power, it's a recipe for the complete dismantling of our democracy.
- April 13, 2017A social science teacher says his high school students debate topics from the relevance of the Electoral College to the reality of police brutality — and offers advice on how we can foster civic engagement.