The ruling reinstates a Republican-backed law that allows local election officials to offer only two weeks of early voting before election day.
- May 13, 2020New techniques in districting allow legislators to essentially pick their voters, instead of the other way around. And in 2010, Republicans in several states redrew maps that guaranteed victory.
- May 11, 2020It has been a long held tradition in American politics that every 10 years, the party in control of state houses would use gerrymandering to redraw districts in their favor for the next election. But in 2010, something different happened.
- October 2, 2017Justice Anthony Kennedy could provide the deciding vote in Gill v. Whitford, an upcoming case that looks at gerrymandering in Wisconsin. Oral arguments begin Tuesday.
- September 27, 2017Trump won the state by 22,748 votes.
- June 28, 2017Randy Bryce on his plans for winning Paul Ryan's seat, his viral first campaign video, and all the many articles casting him as a character in a Bruce Springsteen song.
- May 11, 2017Meet the Bradley Foundation, giving the Koch brothers a run for their money.
- February 23, 2017Reflecting on their success in Wisconsin protecting immigrants, organizers are looking forward.