Three recent moves by President Trump’s labor secretary Eugene Scalia make it seem as if the agency is intent on being a Legion of Doom that funnels workers’ retirement savings to Wall Street billionaires and fossil fuel conglomerates.
- June 16, 2020
Fossil fuel giant BP announced Monday it will write down nearly $18 billion in existing assets, a move that climate advocates say is more evidence that the industry is undergoing a massive shift that will leave oil and gas reserves less and less valuable as the world pivots to more planet-friendly and financially-viable sources of energy.
- December 12, 2017The fires and storms ravaging the planet are only going to get worse, especially if we don’t end the power of climate deniers.
- June 27, 2017Most CEOs in the Business Roundtable have faced climate-related shareholder resolutions in the past two years.
- June 13, 2017If his global realignment proceeds as imagined, the world will soon enough be divided: the petro-powers versus the greens.
- March 29, 2017This week's installment in our series in which we regularly point you to some of the best investigative reporting you might otherwise miss.
- February 15, 2017EPA nominee Scott Pruitt is fighting transparency, withholding thousands of emails that he doesn't want us to see before his confirmation vote.
- February 3, 2016Corporate accountability expert Katherine Sawyer discusses the investigation that could force the oil giant to pony up.
- December 4, 2014The fossil fuel industry is backing a network of astroturf organizations trying to derail green initiatives in five Western states.
- September 11, 20141.2% of the GDP. That's all it would take to green the economy.