EXPLORE War & Peace
- April 30, 2015Will the end games in Iraq and Afghanistan follow the Vietnam playbook?
- April 8, 2015Republicans are making the Iran talks a partisan domestic issue, refusing to recognize it as a diplomatic victory.
- March 27, 2015Like the Islamic State, the Mexican drug cartels’ power has increased as the result of disastrous policies born in the USA.
- March 25, 2015About half of all American households owned at least one gun in the 1970s. In 2014, only 31 percent had a firearm.
- March 25, 2015Based on developments in our post-9/11 world, we could be watching the birth of a new American political system and way of governing for which, as yet, we have no name.
- March 11, 2015Historian Andrew Bacevich writes that academics "presuming to instruct the mere mortals who actually run for office are a blight on the republic."
- March 4, 2015Bill Moyers and Michael Winship write that in Israel and the United States, the influence of one billionaire may threaten any hope for peace in the Middle East.
- February 20, 2015There's no end in sight to mass surveillance, police militarization and our permanent state of war.
- February 18, 2015Intellectual corruption can be as corrosive to the integrity of the bench as a cash bribe.