EXPLORE Faith & Reason
- October 1, 2015Last week's papal visit was a big success, but some of those in attendance were the antithesis of his teachings.
- September 23, 2015The pope's visit to Capitol Hill sheds light on the GOP's stubborn refusal to face the truth about global warming.
- September 21, 2015What is our relationship with collective humanity, and what do we owe others who are suffering? A writer ponders the refugee crisis and what he personally is prepared to do to help.
- September 15, 2015On Monday, Sanders went to a pillar of the religious right – Liberty University in Lynchburg, Va. – to make the case that fighting for economic justice is a moral undertaking.
- July 2, 2015Catholic environmentalists are channeling the power of the Pope’s words into action.
- June 19, 2015The more you read about the church, the more awe you feel for its historic resilience amidst white-supremacist terror.
- June 2, 2015South Africans surprised everyone by transitioning to a relatively peaceful post-apartheid society. Here’s what Americans can learn.
- May 26, 2015Ireland, a predominantly Catholic country, made a historic decision on Friday to be the first country in the world to legalize same-sex marriage via popular vote.