Many economists believe that a recession is already underway. So do millions of Americans struggling with bills and job losses. While the world has certainly experienced its share of staggering jolts in the past, this cycle of events is likely to prove unparalleled.
- August 10, 2017Louis Uchitelle argues that manufacturing should be a subsidized activity with social obligations.
- March 30, 2017Unemployment, depopulation and the legacy of slavery in Jefferson County, Mississippi.
- February 23, 2017If Democrats want to retake government, they will need to do more than be the party that isn’t as bad as Trump, starting with closing the wealth gap.
- April 7, 2016Bill's friend and former colleague, Ervin Duggan, calls the book "serious, searingly witty, passionate, thoughtful and fiendishly well-written."
- May 12, 2015It's obvious that Obama's trade deal is a step towards locking in large trade deficits and high unemployment. So no one should be surprised if working people oppose this deal.
- February 28, 2015Providing housing is critical, but the ultimate solution to ending homelessness is preventing it in the first place.