Democratic Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse used his 30 minutes of allotted time during Tuesday's Senate Judiciary Committee hearing not to ask questions of President Donald Trump's Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett—who repeatedly dodged the straightforward questions of other lawmakers—but to deliver a detailed presentation on the sprawling "dark money operation" fueling the right-wing takeover of the U.S. judicial system.
- August 19, 2020
What's behind the Trump administration's drive to kill off the post service? Expert Lisa Graves says the move began in earnest in the early 1970s. That's when billionaire Charles Koch began to turn his money and effort toward privatization of the USPS — he is using the Koch empire to push his political agenda to this day, when the postal service is ripe for taking.
- October 30, 2017Bill Moyers talks to historian Rick Perlstein about Trump’s conquest of the GOP.
- July 20, 2017How a shadowy libertarian theorist convinced Charles Koch and others in the radical right that in order for their version of capitalism to survive, government must be destroyed.
- July 18, 2017The right wing is looking to accomplish through gerrymandering what it can't do at the ballot box.
- July 13, 2017A Q&A with author Nancy MacLean about the elusive James McGill Buchanan.
- July 11, 2017The opposition party should embrace a sweeping reform agenda that embraces the promise of voting rights, competitive elections and genuinely representative democracy.
- June 20, 2017More than 200 organizations signed on to an April letter denouncing an Article V convention at this time. But a faction seeking a much more radical rewrite of the Constitution has made significant gains.