Today President-Elect Joe Biden named his chief of staff. He has picked Ronald A. Klain, 59, a veteran Democratic operative with degrees from Georgetown and Harvard Law School, who has worked in and around Washington, D.C., since 1987, when he clerked for Supreme Court Justice Byron White. Klain was Biden’s chief of staff when he was vice president.
- November 4, 2016Last minute cash blitz from super PACs and dark-money groups blankets swing states and districts.
- February 26, 2016The last 15 years demonstrate that no matter the military strength at your command, war no longer translates into power.
- February 25, 2015There is overwhelming popular support for an amendment that limits the power of the elite and returns democracy to the people.
- January 6, 2015As the new Congress convenes, deep-pocketed campaign donors have their wish lists ready.
- November 20, 2014The most politically active 501(c) organizations have snared the IRS’ seal of approval for their activities.
- November 6, 2014While big Dem donors like Tom Steyer lament Tuesday's return on their investment, they should take heart: big money — even losing big money — matters in Washington.