It is time, fellow Americans, to remember the warning of the great journalist Edward R. Murrow: “A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” Let us together become the coalition of generations that closes the gates to the wolves ready to devour our freedoms.
ALL POSTS BY Bernard Weisberger
- August 27, 2017Contemplating the grave ramifications of the Arpaio pardon.
- August 16, 2017The reel of Trumpian “reforms” always spins backward.
- June 2, 2017If anyone believes that under the First Amendment gagging the media can’t happen here, the answer is that it already has.
- April 3, 2017This especially ugly lie resurfaces periodically like the Loch Ness Monster and the Abominable Snowman and is just as devoid of proof, but at least those fakes are harmless.
- March 8, 2017In our inaugural "letters to the editor," Bill hears from a historian about the greatest horror to emerge from Trump's actions thus far.
- February 1, 2017A historian notes that objectivity, carried to extremes, stands in the way of a crucial American tradition in journalism: calling out lies and liars.
- November 10, 2016We don’t know at the moment exactly what Trump will do. He probably doesn’t know himself. But we need to prepare ourselves.
- June 10, 2016Democratic Party leaders' efforts to get Sanders to knuckle under are premature and anti-democratic.
- February 29, 2016During America's first Gilded Age -- before there were primaries or Senate elections -- a populist candidate rattled the 1% and they rained down gold to stop him.