The DNC programming was designed to feel inclusive. The theme was “We the People,” and the evening began with the voices and pictures of young Americans from all walks of life singing. Soon they were replaced by a video of Americans working together, set to Bruce Springsteen’s “The Rising.” The evening’s events focused on America’s youth and its people of color.
- March 30, 2017In rural communities and small cities across the bellwether state, local politicians are trying to rebuild the party from the ground up.
- July 29, 2016The demise of the steel industry affected blacks and Latinos even more than whites.
- September 7, 2014With their "pragmatic" governors mired in scandal, it may be a chaotic scramble in a wide-open field.
- April 1, 2014A number of GOP governors made the trek to Las Vegas over the weekend in an attempt to attract hundreds of millions in campaign donations from casino magnate Sheldon Adelson.
- October 23, 2013Some Republican governors are now saying that the Obamacare provision makes good fiscal sense for their states.