Voting rights activist, Stacey Abrams, sees an ever more pressing need to reform the filibuster in the US Senate. And she has a plan for how to do it — get support from reluctant centrist Democrats.
- October 13, 2017Bill Moyers in conversation with author James Whitman about his new book "Hitler’s American Model: The United States and the Making of Nazi Race Law."
- September 15, 2017In The Making of a Racist, professor Charles B. Dew describes his evolution from a “young Confederate” to an outspoken critic of racism.
- January 29, 2016To mobilize a multiracial coalition, progressives need to demonstrate how racism hurts us all.
- January 29, 2015Local prosecutors end up being responsible for most of the exonerations.
- December 16, 2014The test of whether a person can afford a lawyer is often so extreme that even the most indigent of defendants may be deemed unworthy of counsel.
- November 10, 2014There is no greater threat to equal justice than when our public defenders are beaten into submission.