- July 7, 2020
Only after the work of covering the disaster is done will news outlets perhaps take a moment to examine why all this is happening—why these disasters are occurring, again and again, all over the world, with increased frequency and ferocity.
- September 30, 2017As people in Puerto Rico are dying and President Trump lashes out at San Juan's mayor, Bill talks with social anthropologist Yarimar Bonilla about the challenges Puerto Ricans face in the wake of the storm.
- November 18, 2013A roundup of some of the stories we're reading this morning at Moyers & Company HQ...
- November 13, 2013Typhoon Haiyan, which wrought unprecedented devastation in the Philippines, is the latest example of the vulnerability of impoverished nations.
- August 27, 2013An environmental activist group suggests naming disastrous storms after the politicians who prevent congressional action on climate change.
- September 6, 2002The enormous potential disaster of a hurricane on New Orleans's weak protective barrier.