It is time, fellow Americans, to remember the warning of the great journalist Edward R. Murrow: “A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” Let us together become the coalition of generations that closes the gates to the wolves ready to devour our freedoms.
- March 3, 2016Political rhetoric in the GOP has degenerated into name-calling and petty insults.
- July 19, 2013 | Moyers & CompanyBaldemar Velásquez talks about the ongoing David vs. Goliath struggles to ensure fairness for American farmworkers.
- July 19, 2013Edward R. Murrow's 1960 documentary on migrant workers is just as powerful -- and relevant -- today.
- April 27, 2012Watch extended versions of the Allen West, Edward Murrow, and Joseph McCarthy clips Bill shared in his essay.
- April 8, 2012Bill says of his late friend and colleague: "He put spine into broadcast reporting, and by his example mentored the lot of us."
- June 10, 1990 | A World of IdeasIn this program with Bill Moyers, Shirer discusses his experiences as a journalist in Europe, his firsthand impressions of Hitler, and expresses his concerns about the reunified Germany.