Black women were left in the wilderness for nearly half a century, as White women claimed a suffrage victory and largely abandoned the fight.
- January 12, 2017A new movie reminds us of past racial injustice as a new administration tries to roll back the clock.
- October 12, 2016A citizen-centered view of democracy emphasizing the agency of the people was widespread in the civil rights movement and is emerging again in the 21st century.
- July 20, 2016"Protestors as well as policemen, black and white, gay and straight, Republicans and Democrats, rich and poor: Any human being denied full value, respect and protection must be named and conscientiously reclaimed as an essential part of the family of humankind."
- July 8, 2016The transcript of Bill Moyers June
- June 23, 2016Money talks. But not necessarily as loudly as voters.
- March 31, 2016Authors Ari Berman and Michael Waldman talk about the unequal history of voting in America, new voting rules and their concerns about what may happen later this year.