The pandemic has exposed certain deep and unexamined assumptions about the nature and value of work in the United States.
- January 23, 2015A new poll shows that we want what we don't have -- paid parental leave and paid sick days.
- August 22, 2014A middle-class family who had a child in 2013 can expect to spend $304,408 over the course of raising her until age 18.
- July 19, 2014Conservative members of the House Budget Committee showed up at a recent hearing on poverty to preach what they think they already know about people living in poverty.
- November 28, 2013Is Congress pushes austerity, how can we re-declare war on poverty?
- February 28, 2013 | Group Think"Far from having it all, most working women live in danger of losing it all."
- September 30, 2012A look at poverty in Mississippi and a roundup of articles about income inequality in America.