And my own looming job crisis.
ALL POSTS BY Rebecca Gordon
- December 17, 2020Can We Finally Stop Marching to Disaster?
- November 8, 2020
After four years of running in place, November 2016 seems like a lifetime ago. The United States of 2020 is a very different place, at once more devastated and more hopeful than at least we were a mere four years ago.
- July 24, 2020
The pandemic has exposed certain deep and unexamined assumptions about the nature and value of work in the United States.
- December 19, 2017The whole world burns while Trump satisfies his ego and his need for attention.
- June 28, 2017For many Americans, the meaning of war is closer to reality TV than it is to reality.
- May 26, 2017Living in Trump’s United States of Amnesia.
- March 7, 2017When did we start to think of the president as commander-in-chief first and executor of laws a distant second?
- January 10, 2017As we fight against a president elected by a minority of voters, we fight for a country in which we can take part in the decisions that affect all aspects of our lives.
- September 28, 2016Since the founding of the United States, government at every level has tended to make unpopular behavior illegal — and that hasn't always made it stop.