EXPLORE War & Peace
- November 12, 2015Ultimately, the occupation is unsustainable, but Netanyahu continues to ratchet up the rhetoric.
- November 8, 2015The Pentagon just won another small skirmish in its long war with Social Security and Medicare. President Obama and Congress are making sure the Pentagon gets what it wants next year.
- November 4, 2015Climate change won't just disrupt natural systems, it will spark new human conflicts over resources.
- October 24, 2015Until America plunged into Iraq in 2003, there hadn't been such an upset of power in the Middle East since World War I.
- October 20, 2015Tunisia remains one of the only countries in the Middle East not crippled by US intervention.
- October 17, 2015The phrase “the fog of war” stands in for the inability of commanders to truly grasp what’s happening in the chaos of battle. Perhaps it’s time to introduce a companion phrase.
- October 14, 2015If the first casualty of war is truth, the second might be language.
- October 10, 2015Americans like to say we're different than everyone else. And we are.