- December 12, 2006Bill Moyers delivered these remarks in New York City on December 12, 2006 to the New Democracy Project.
- December 17, 2004 | NOWIn Bill Moyers' last episode, conservative leader Richard Viguerie discusses propaganda, and ACLU director Anthony Romero talks about the balance between civil liberties and national security.
- February 27, 2004 | NOWIn an increasingly security-conscious America, is the government taking aim at our civil liberties? And unlikely allies in the fight to protect a California community.
- God and Politics in the Holy Land, Suing Our Way to a Multi-Racial Democracy, and the Iraqi ConstitutionFebruary 20, 2004A look at the influence of Christian Zionists on Middle East policy, a civil rights attorney winning big cases in the name of equality, and an uncertain future for a rebuilding Iraqi government.
- August 22, 2003 | NOW
This episode of NOW reported on an attack on the UN headquarters in Iraq and what it might mean for the rebuilding of Iraq. Next up, a trend in local cable systems becoming part of big media conglomerates caused many to worry that cable companies were no longer interested in addressing the needs of local communities. At the time, community access to media provided millions of Americans with educational opportunity, access to local government, and ...
- February 28, 2003 | NOWBill talks with journalist Nat Hentoff about the loss of civil liberties in the war on terror and recounts the Gulf War with former State Department official Joseph Wilson.
- February 7, 2003 | NOWThis episode of NOW investigates what the Patriot Act does to the balance of security and liberty, and analyzes the threat of smallpox as a bio-weapon.
- September 13, 2002 | NOWJust how far do we go in striking a balance between liberty and security?