Trump is an easy target, and, more importantly, he’s profitable clickbait. But Trump is also political and journalistic junk food: a diversion from a deeper, uncomfortable discussion about what ails both the US and Europe. Continue reading
ALL POSTS BY Theresa Riley
- August 26, 2015
- April 18, 2015 | Perspectives
In this 2003 clip from NOW, two millionaires explain why they oppose a Republican campaign to eliminate the so-called “death tax.” Continue reading
- December 20, 2014 | HistoryIn this clip from the 1977 documentary, The CIA's Secret Army, Bill Moyers talks to Fidel Castro about communism, President Nixon and American policy towards Cuba.
- December 17, 2014Big victory for anti-fracking activists in New York State today as Governor Cuomo announces a permanent ban on fracking in the state.
- November 6, 2014Low-wage earners would have to work, on average, 104 hours a week to afford a modest two-bedroom rental unit.
- November 3, 2014 | Blog
A roundup of some of the stories we’re reading at Moyers & Company HQ… Continue reading
- October 28, 2014
In this age of Ebola, it’s enlightening and inspiring to hear Salk talk about the lessons he learned in developing the polio vaccine. Continue reading
- October 26, 2014 | Blog
This week, Dana Stevens, of Slate’s popular Culture Gabfest podcast, endorsed Bill’s interview with Marilynne Robinson, extolling the “wisdom, truth and beauty” of what she had to say. Continue reading
- August 2, 2014
Thanks to Joe Papp, over five million people have enjoyed more than 100 free productions of Shakespeare at the Delacorte Theater in New York City’s Central Park. Continue reading
- May 27, 2014 | Perspectives
Journalist Ta-Nehisi Coates recounts an after-school fight he witnessed as a young boy, and how it has influenced his writing over the course of his career. Continue reading