- May 24, 2017Mitch Landrieu denounces "false narrative of our history" and explains why righting this wrong is vital for his city and the nation.
- May 22, 2017If we're going to throw terms like "structural racism" around, we should understand what they mean and the work white people have to do. This film lays it out.
- May 15, 2017He would point out that what plagues us are the sins of the past coming home to roost: America’s tolerance of bigotry and blindness to its own faults.
- May 2, 2017Trump imagines Jackson, a slaveholder, as a “big hearted” statesman who could have averted the Civil War.
- April 30, 2017The Resistance needs to develop a memory of how past generations confronted reactionary threats to American democracy.
- April 28, 2017It makes sense if you analyze it through the lens of the historical model of white governors, legislators and boards of regents in the Jim Crow South, who used the financial fragility of HBCUs as leverage to require political submission.
- April 24, 2017
Today is Holocaust Remembrance Day. In this clip from an interview Bill Moyers did with Nobel Laureate and human rights advocate Elie Wiesel in 1991, he talks about his own childhood experiences at Auschwitz and addresses our capacity for humanity, inhumanity, violence and retribution.
- April 21, 2017The astrophysicist says that when you have people who don't know much about science denying it and rising to power, it's a recipe for the complete dismantling of our democracy.