- May 16, 2020At many critical junctures in our history Bill Moyers has talked with distinguished scholar and psychiatrist Robert Jay Lifton. Together they try to piece together a fracturing world.
- April 8, 2020Whitman would be proud of the people of Mill Valley, California, and their new nightly ritual of communal howling at each other out of their windows.
- March 14, 2020
The tendency of Republicans both to respond to and sow fear and panic has been with us for decades. Yet during the coronavirus pandemic, to anyone who bothers to look, we are seeing a new and strangely unremarked twist to their behavior, a development that gives valuable -- and chilling -- insight into Republican psychology.
- March 3, 2020Bill talks to psychiatrist and author Robert Jay Lifton about Trump, lies and dueling realities. “It’s a kind of purity of a single authoritarian person who claims to have nobility and claims that he alone and no one else can save the country. And by implication, the world. It’s pure megalomania,” Lifton says.
- September 21, 2017The renowned psychiatrist and historian makes a case for hope for humanity's grasp of the dangers of climate change.
- July 17, 2014Ten years ago, it was wildly controversial to talk about psychological differences between liberals and conservatives. Today, it's becoming hard not to.