Trump and the GOP are trying to change the poll numbers because they have lost control over the country’s narrative. The president rode to the White House on the argument that people of color and women were criminal socialists demanding a government handout, paid for by taxes on hardworking white men, but all of a sudden, with white police officers murdering a handcuffed Black man, and police riots during protests over that killing, it is ...
- October 4, 2016Our media critic comes up with the word that explains why Hillary Clinton isn't thrashing Donald Trump in the polls.
- November 21, 2014Research shows that Americans across party lines think it's high time to reform our campaign finance system.
- June 24, 2014Fifty years ago, hundreds of young people headed south to fight racial injustice. A new PBS American Experience film captures the events of that historic summer.
- October 10, 2013A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company this morning.
- October 5, 2013A new study reveals that Republican loyalists are frightened of change and think they've already lost.
- March 29, 2013Although public support for capital punishment has fallen since 1994, approval numbers have plateaued in the 60th percentile over the past decade.