Trump’s corruption illustrates the kleptocratic system created by a judiciary that would become even worse with Amy Barrett on the Supreme Court.
- June 14, 2016Amid voter outrage at special-interest influence, Senate Democrats have unveiled a plan to run on fixing the political system.
- May 23, 2016Others in the New York donor community feel the same way, says ex-Jeb Bush backer Mel Immergut.
- March 12, 2015The race to make amends with the newcomer is a mad dash down K Street, and recent campaign disclosures show some striking turnabouts by big-league PACs.
- February 17, 2015The best reporting on the influence of money on our democracy. This week: The fundraising potential of Jeb's surname and a proposal for making small campaign donations tax deductible.
- May 1, 2014Our latest roundup of key money and politics reporting. This week: Wall Street Republicans' surprising soft spot for Hillary, 2014 is on track to be the darkest money election year yet and much more.
- April 24, 2014As the National Rifle Association's annual meeting gets underway, the latest campaign finance filings show it's well-armed for the 2014 elections.
- November 5, 2013See which corporate sector wrote the biggest checks to political campaigns in your state in 2012.
- April 24, 2013For House Republicans, getting a coveted chairmanship is more than just prestigious -- it also means big money for their campaign coffers.
- September 14, 2012
In this excerpt from Winner-Take-All Politics: How Washington Made the Rich Richer — and Turned Its Back on the Middle Class, authors Jacob S. Hacker and Paul Pierson explain the significance of the Powell Memorandum, a call-to-arms for American corporations written by Virginia lawyer (and future U.S. Supreme Court justice) Lewis Powell to a neighbor working with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. In the fall of 1972, the venerable National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) made a ...