Check often for recommended reading from Bill Moyers. Recent: Tomgram: Andrew Bacevich, "When Reality Sneaks Through"
- March 4, 2016As newsrooms disappear, veteran older reporters are being forced from the profession. That’s bad for journalism — and democracy.
- December 7, 2012 | Group ThinkThe president of the Newspaper Guild says media consolidation means less content, less less diversity, less innovation, and fewer journalists.
- December 7, 2012 | Group ThinkThe creator of chicagotribune.com says cross-ownership rules have become outdated in the age of the internet
- November 16, 2007The FCC's current consideration to relax media ownership rules is eerily reminiscent of a similar effort -- and consequential public outrage -- five years ago.
- May 30, 2003 | NOWNOW scrutinizes the apparent conflicts of interest when a former lobbyist is in charge of natural resources, and considers the long-term impact of Washington's environmental policies on the environment.