In many swing states, voters cannot simply return an absentee ballot to an Election Day poll. Those voters who try will get to vote, but not without more paperwork and possibly creating delays for other voters.
- September 24, 2020
- September 21, 2020A California Voter Foundation study identifies the causes behind the highest ballot rejection rates of any age group as states start sending out millions of fall ballots.
- July 28, 2020Print editions of newspapers and magazines have taken significant hits across the world as financial setbacks caused by COVID-19 rip through newsrooms. Will they disappear after the pandemic? Reporting from The Journalism Crisis Project
- June 8, 2020
Trump and the GOP are trying to change the poll numbers because they have lost control over the country’s narrative. The president rode to the White House on the argument that people of color and women were criminal socialists demanding a government handout, paid for by taxes on hardworking white men, but all of a sudden, with white police officers murdering a handcuffed Black man, and police riots during protests over that killing, it is ...
- February 5, 2015Although the nations involved in the TPP negotiations create a huge amount of economic activity, only PBS and MSNBC have devoted any significant coverage.
- August 27, 2014By this point in the summer, a sane person could reasonably conclude that the world is going nuts.
- August 30, 2013A roundup of the stories the Moyers & Company crew are reading today.