- December 29, 2020As 2020’s elections continue, there may be millions who mistrust American democracy.
- December 15, 2020A small-town voter drive reveals why only trusted family, friends and local leaders can boost turnout in the Senate runoffs.
- November 17, 2020As Top Election Official Draws National Praise for Defying Trump, His Minions Run Presidential Audit with Heavy Hand
- Fabricated Ballots, Dead Voters and Other Phantom Fears From Trump Supporters at Georgia Presidential AuditNovember 17, 2020Partisan suspicions shadow hand count of every ballot in most populous county
- October 20, 2020
The attorney general and Justice Department can issue pro-Trump propaganda, but not reject or seize ballots, nor interrupt the locally run election process.
- October 16, 2020
The ex-adviser says Trump’s declaration will be based on votes at Election Day polls, but the first election night returns also will include totals from early voting sites and many absentee ballots.
- October 8, 2020
As right-wing militants have the president’s blessing to behave menacingly, voting rights groups are asking why aren’t local officials doing more to assure to voters that Election Day will be safe.
- September 24, 2020
In many swing states, voters cannot simply return an absentee ballot to an Election Day poll. Those voters who try will get to vote, but not without more paperwork and possibly creating delays for other voters.
- September 21, 2020A California Voter Foundation study identifies the causes behind the highest ballot rejection rates of any age group as states start sending out millions of fall ballots.
- July 28, 2020Print editions of newspapers and magazines have taken significant hits across the world as financial setbacks caused by COVID-19 rip through newsrooms. Will they disappear after the pandemic? Reporting from The Journalism Crisis Project