As the coronavirus continues to rage, this country is ill-prepared to handle a surge in homelessness, let alone help those already homeless.
- February 24, 2017For hundreds of families, home is a car in a quiet parking lot.
- November 6, 2015Making it affordable to live in the famously unequal Santa Clara County is much easier said than done.
- September 21, 2015What is our relationship with collective humanity, and what do we owe others who are suffering? A writer ponders the refugee crisis and what he personally is prepared to do to help.
- April 1, 2015To report on poverty, we need to be on the ground and understand the real life struggles of people.
- February 28, 2015Providing housing is critical, but the ultimate solution to ending homelessness is preventing it in the first place.
- January 31, 2015The new approach may spring from good intentions, but is undermined by a lack of affordable housing stock.
- December 23, 2014The reason veterans should not experience poverty is not because they are veterans. It's because no one should.
- November 27, 2014In the US, there are 578,424 homeless people, a third of whom have no shelter at all.