Federal land is scheduled to be handed over to private industry. The copper mine planned would be the largest in North America, sinking a section of the Tonto National Forest into a two-mile wide crater.
- December 29, 2020
- December 20, 2020“I’ll be fierce for all of us, our planet, and all of our protected land.”
- July 20, 2017A scientist looking for a way to help Alaska Natives whose villages are sinking was reassigned by the Trump administration to a job collecting royalty checks from fossil fuel companies.
- March 9, 2017We have obtained a list of more than 400 Trump administration hires, including dozens of lobbyists and some from far-right media.
- September 9, 2016Native Americans from tribes all over the country are protesting the construction of a crude-oil pipeline slated to snake through sacred sites and under the water supply for the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation.
- January 27, 2015President Obama’s administration moved to protect the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska, one of the most wild and remote areas in the world.