Democratic Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse used his 30 minutes of allotted time during Tuesday's Senate Judiciary Committee hearing not to ask questions of President Donald Trump's Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett—who repeatedly dodged the straightforward questions of other lawmakers—but to deliver a detailed presentation on the sprawling "dark money operation" fueling the right-wing takeover of the U.S. judicial system.
- June 22, 2020
A little-known Republican group is ramping up millions of dollars in funding from major US corporations such as CitiGroup and Chevron to protect the conservative stronghold on the country.
- August 28, 2017A people-powered army collected 110,000 signatures in 90 days to stop a controversial school-choice law.
- July 31, 2017Three riders deep inside the House appropriations bill would bar federal agencies from enforcing campaign finance laws.
- January 24, 2017Secret ties between the Koch Brothers and members of Congress can mean good things for the super rich and the worst for everyone else.
- November 11, 2016The author of Diet for a Small Planet is trying to come up with a prescription to heal a big democracy.
- November 4, 2016Last minute cash blitz from super PACs and dark-money groups blankets swing states and districts.