Let us name the system: "racial capitalism."
- April 23, 2020As percentage of wealth, billionaire taxes have fallen 79 percent since 1980. A new report from the Institute of Policy Studies finds that billionaire wealth is still surging compared to median wealth.
- December 18, 2017In his new play, Pulitzer-prize winning playwright Ayad Akhtar recalls the greed of the '80s and how we became a republic of consumers.
- November 13, 2017The era of empire, white supremacy, dirty energy and global capitalism is coming to a close.
- July 25, 2017To stave off disaster, we must transform the economic system driving climate change.
- July 20, 2017How a shadowy libertarian theorist convinced Charles Koch and others in the radical right that in order for their version of capitalism to survive, government must be destroyed.
- July 11, 2017Fighting back against the right's politics of exclusion can be a path toward rebuilding American democracy
- June 26, 2017The labor question has never been a genteel debate about power and fairness in America.