In April 2020 we reported on the release of the report "Wealth Windfalls, Tumbling Taxes, and Pandemic Profiteers” from Institute for Policy Studies. That study showed that between January 1, 2020 and April 10, 2020, 34 of the nation’s wealthiest 170 billionaires saw their wealth increase by tens of millions of dollars. Now, in an update to that report, the Institute for Policy Studies has released new figures that show that during the pandemic — while unemployment ...
- November 14, 2017It’s time to “strike back” against the undemocratic and unequal state of our own country and the Western world.
- May 27, 2015Fifty years ago, African-Americans were denied the right to vote. Now the vast majority of Americans are being denied the rightful value of their vote.
- January 6, 2015As the new Congress convenes, deep-pocketed campaign donors have their wish lists ready.
- November 6, 2014While big Dem donors like Tom Steyer lament Tuesday's return on their investment, they should take heart: big money — even losing big money — matters in Washington.
- May 16, 2013Billionaires with an axe to grind, now is your time. Mother Jones' Andy Kroll surveys the new landscape of American "democracy" where those with big bucks call the shots.