- February 16, 2016It's important to not lose sight of the fact that behind the political establishment there is the money establishment -- and they are playing the long game.
- February 11, 2016In internal memos, groups opposing tighter state campaign finance rules coach their local supporters on how to battle disclosure of political donors.
- February 9, 2016
This post first appeared at Mother Jones. Hillary Clinton has received a lot of campaign money from the financial industry over the years, and after she left the State Department she gave several lucrative speeches to Goldman Sachs and other big banks. As Michael Hirsh puts it, this has given her a reputation for being "more than a little cozy" with Wall Street. But is she?
- February 5, 2016Round one goes not to the candidates but the media, which reasserted its dominance over the political process — for now.
- February 4, 2016With our corrupted campaign finance system, elected officials design policy with special-interest money in mind.
- February 3, 2016Investment bank CEO says Sanders' critique is "dangerous...not just for Wall Street...but for anybody who is a little bit out of line."