ALL POSTS BY John Nichols
- December 1, 2016Noting that more Americans voted for Democrats, the senator says her party has a mandate to resist Trumpism.
- October 6, 2016The Republican nominee is discovering that running on “the most anti-worker, anti-union platform of any party in the history of the United States” might turn off union members.
- September 20, 2016Sens. Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren and others issue a call to hold insurance companies accountable “with a public, Medicare-like option available to every American.”
- June 22, 2016In an opinion that cited Michelle Alexander and Ta-Nehisi Coates, Justice Sotomayor railed against the gutting of the Fourth Amendment.
- May 4, 2016Bernie Sanders will go to Philadelphia with more pledged delegates than any insurgent in modern history. Here’s what he could do with them.
- January 6, 2016The California Supreme Court has cleared the way for voters to demand a constitutional amendment to get big money out of politics.
- November 17, 2015Past Republican presidents were repeatedly invoked as policy models by the Democratic candidates, highlighting today's GOP's lurch to the right.
- June 16, 2015If we respect the notion that the rule of law must apply to all, then surely it must apply to corporations.
- May 26, 2015Ireland, a predominantly Catholic country, made a historic decision on Friday to be the first country in the world to legalize same-sex marriage via popular vote.