ALL POSTS BY John Nichols
- March 13, 2017The court found that Republicans drew discriminatory district lines. That's very bad news for Paul Ryan.
- March 1, 2017The president’s address signaled his plans for domestic austerity and military bloat.
- February 21, 2017Alexander Acosta was once accused of undermining the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division. Now he could become secretary of labor.
- February 2, 2017Unions and education activists urged Lisa Murkowski to oppose Trump’s education pick. On Tuesday, in a testament to the power of grass-roots resistance, Murkowski switched.
- December 1, 2016Noting that more Americans voted for Democrats, the senator says her party has a mandate to resist Trumpism.
- October 6, 2016The Republican nominee is discovering that running on “the most anti-worker, anti-union platform of any party in the history of the United States” might turn off union members.
- September 20, 2016Sens. Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren and others issue a call to hold insurance companies accountable “with a public, Medicare-like option available to every American.”
- June 22, 2016In an opinion that cited Michelle Alexander and Ta-Nehisi Coates, Justice Sotomayor railed against the gutting of the Fourth Amendment.
- May 4, 2016Bernie Sanders will go to Philadelphia with more pledged delegates than any insurgent in modern history. Here’s what he could do with them.