ALL POSTS BY John Nichols
- September 26, 2017He’s stoking racial divisions in order to maintain a grip on a Senate seat that Democrats are surprisingly competitive for.
- July 11, 2017The opposition party should embrace a sweeping reform agenda that embraces the promise of voting rights, competitive elections and genuinely representative democracy.
- June 8, 2017A tech-savvy measure introduced by members of the Congressional Progressive Caucus would protect against cyber meddling.
- May 30, 2017“When people in power invent their own facts and attack those who question them, it can mark the beginning of the end of a free society.”
- May 4, 2017A fresh model for economic and social-justice politics is emerging in the South.
- May 2, 2017Trump imagines Jackson, a slaveholder, as a “big hearted” statesman who could have averted the Civil War.
- April 25, 2017But progressives must continue to take to the streets — and push Democrats to offer a real alternative.
- March 13, 2017The court found that Republicans drew discriminatory district lines. That's very bad news for Paul Ryan.