ALL POSTS BY John Nichols
- May 26, 2015Ireland, a predominantly Catholic country, made a historic decision on Friday to be the first country in the world to legalize same-sex marriage via popular vote.
- April 2, 2015At least one Republican mayor from Indiana is saying loud and clear that the state's governor made a big mistake.
- March 23, 2015The longtime media critic, producer, director and radio personality Danny Schecter died of pancreatic cancer last week.
- February 25, 2015Gov. Walker, who is busily preparing a 2016 Republican presidential run that highlights his anti-labor stance, is now all in on “Right to Work.”
- January 2, 2015When other Democrats supported state executions, Cuomo made a forceful moral argument against it.
- September 25, 2014As the US expands its airstrikes into Syria to combat ISIS, the congresswoman calls for a "full congressional debate and vote on any military action, as required by the Constitution.”
- September 8, 2014The Senate will wrangle this week over whether to amend the Constitution to allow citizens and their representatives to organize elections where votes matter more than dollars.
- September 4, 2014There's no need to wait for the next election. Americans know what they want.
- August 19, 2014The news from Ferguson highlights the need for a broader defense of journalism and democracy.