Driving the industry’s confrontations with racism and other forms of institutional discrimination are BIPOC and movement journalists, working in tandem with communities that have long been trivialized in the news.
- December 18, 2020
- September 13, 2020
Department of Health and Human Services have been altering the weekly scientific reports issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) following the course of the coronavirus pandemic. They believe the reports are undermining Trump’s cheery pronouncements about the disease, and claim there is a “deep state” at the CDC determined to hurt the president.
- July 20, 2017A scientist looking for a way to help Alaska Natives whose villages are sinking was reassigned by the Trump administration to a job collecting royalty checks from fossil fuel companies.
- March 2, 2015Laura Poitras' acclaimed Edward Snowden documentary is streaming right now.
- August 21, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- July 14, 2014By many measures, the US may be the wealthiest, most powerful nation, but its ability to accomplish anything has shrunk drastically.
- October 4, 2013A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company this morning.
- August 30, 2013What Michael Winston knows about corporate crimes will horrify you. That's why financial giants want to destroy him.
- July 10, 2013ALEC-inspired bills passed in several states make it a crime to film or take photographs exposing conditions in factory farms and slaughterhouses.
- June 13, 2013Mark Fiore's "security bear" says domestic spying is nothing to worry about "unless you're a terrorist, a leaker or, um, a fan of the Bill of Rights."