Donald Trump’s campaign and the GOP are pumping millions of dollars into efforts to restrict voting and aggressively fight Democratic efforts to make it easier to cast a ballot during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- May 31, 2020
Slavery is our nation’s original sin; the treatment of people of color a blot on the history of a country “conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal." Here, a variety of Moyers conversations with Michelle Alexander, Bryan Stevenson, Ta-Nehisi Coates, Maya Angelou, David Simon, and others offer a useful primer on the history of racism in the United States and its continuing impact.
- May 28, 2020As the president wages a disinformation campaign against mail-in voting, nearly 80 percent of Americans want a mail ballot option this November.
- May 21, 2020Trump threatens to pull state funds to stop mail-in voting in Michigan and Nevada, which he can't do. But his problem is not mail-in ballots. He's falling behind in the polls.
- May 15, 2020In Slay the Dragon, a new documentary from Participant Media, we learn how a secret Republican project called REDMAP redrew congressional districts and guaranteed victory.
- May 13, 2020New techniques in districting allow legislators to essentially pick their voters, instead of the other way around. And in 2010, Republicans in several states redrew maps that guaranteed victory.
- May 11, 2020It has been a long held tradition in American politics that every 10 years, the party in control of state houses would use gerrymandering to redraw districts in their favor for the next election. But in 2010, something different happened.
- March 2, 2020 | Updated March 2, 2020 | Moyers & CompanyMore than fifty years ago, Rep. John Lewis looked on as President Johnson signed the Voting Rights Act. In this video, he reflects on how the March on Washington led to key civil rights laws.