Restrictive “voter identification” laws pushed by Republicans, and widely regarded to be ineffective and discriminatory, have cost taxpayers at least $36m in just a few states.
- April 8, 2020Voting rights. The Republican Party “would rather try to keep people from voting than lose,” David Daley tells Bill. Daley is a reporter who has written extensively about gerrymandering and voting rights — and fired up a generation of activists fighting for free and fair elections.
- October 20, 2017Thomas Farr's nomination will move to the floor for a vote by the full Senate.
- September 27, 2017Trump won the state by 22,748 votes.
- July 12, 2017Democrats are going to have to fight on multiple fronts if they hope to stop a GOP effort to restrict the vote.
- June 7, 2017Lacking even the veneer of bipartisanship, the Kobach Commission represents an assault on basic voting rights.
- February 17, 2017Twenty-one states are now considering new laws to make it harder to vote.