- February 25, 2017Watch video from Bill Moyers' 1988 conversation with the playwright behind Fences, a Pulitzer Prize-winning work that was nominated for a number of Oscars this year.
- September 8, 2007
Will Power is a playwright, actor, and educator who is credited as an early pioneer of hip-hop theater. His most recent play, DETROIT RED, tells the story of Malcolm X’s transformation from the hustler Detroit Red to the civil rights icon he would become as an adult. The play debuted in February 2020 with backing from ArtsEmerson in Boston. Power has received several awards for his work. Most recently, he was the recipient of the ...
- August 6, 2004 | NOWThrough this episode of NOW's focus on art and politics, we learn about John Sayles' feature film about a corrupt governor, Jehane Noujaim's documentary on Al-Jazeera, and Sarah Jones' one-woman show.
- February 14, 2003 | NOWOnce-confidential documents offer a startling picture of the nation’s campaign fundraising system. Producers also considered the effects of war on children and race in America.
- March 25, 1990 | A World of IdeasThe director of the Los Angeles Festival talks with Bill about his controversial theater work.
- March 18, 1990The brilliant young theater directory discusses music and the future of Los Angeles and its art world.
- October 20, 1988Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright August Wilson on blackness and how his characters find nobility in struggle.