In Florida on Friday, Trump said: “We’re not supposed to have a socialist — look we're not going to be a socialist nation. We're not going to have a socialist president, especially a female socialist president, we’re not gonna have it, we’re not gonna put up with it.”
- November 16, 2017For a group with very little brand-name recognition in the very recent past — the party posted some surprising wins in the November elections.
- April 18, 2016Bernie Sanders’ popular campaign suggests that many Americans aren't afraid of socialism anymore. But real democracy is an even better alternative to capitalism.
- February 5, 2016A TomDispatch post about Norway's social democracy attracted a lot of reader comments over the past week. Here are some of the highlights of what you had to say.
- October 14, 2015 | Updated October 15, 2015The tenets of social democracy are ones that have been picked up again and again throughout American history, beginning with the Puritans in 1634.
- August 26, 2015Trump is an easy target, and, more importantly, he’s profitable clickbait. But Trump is also a diversion from a deeper, uncomfortable discussion about what ails both the US and Europe.