- June 20, 2017Black activists held events in 40 cities on June 19, a day that celebrates the end of slavery.
- May 24, 2017Mitch Landrieu denounces "false narrative of our history" and explains why righting this wrong is vital for his city and the nation.
- January 20, 2017Donald Trump rode to power on the wings of a dark lie — one of the most malignant and ugly lies in American history.
- July 8, 2016The transcript of Bill Moyers June
- May 20, 2016And why the history of slavery in America isn't just for black people.
- December 8, 2015
Slavery is our nation’s original sin; the treatment of people of color a blot on the history of a country “conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal." Those who might have thought that the election of Barack Obama was somehow proof of a “post-racial America" are confronted with the near-daily reality of police killings, the denial of voting and other civil rights, and near crushing economic inequality. Here, ...