The Biden administration is reviving the legal and moral case for slavery reparations.
- February 26, 2021
- October 13, 2017Bill Moyers in conversation with author James Whitman about his new book "Hitler’s American Model: The United States and the Making of Nazi Race Law."
- October 11, 2017The 2016 National Book Award-winning author of Stamped From the Beginning talks with Dr. Christina Greer about the unrelenting racism of America's past and present.
- June 27, 2017As schools across the country continue to become more segregated, a collection of towns is making the problem even worse.
- July 14, 2016Being black in America is something that even the best-intentioned white person cannot understand. Amends must be made.
- October 20, 2014A teacher argues that America's schools have not “abandoned” the mission of Brown v. Board of Education, they never fully committed to it.
- July 24, 2013 | Group Think
The sign I carried at the March on Washington said: “March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom." I had just graduated from the University of Minnesota and was an intern at the State Department. A half century has not dulled the memory of that hot, muggy, August day. The civil rights movement had become a mighty river, and the vast, peaceful, exuberant crowd seemed to signify a new chapter in the American story. I did ...
- January 30, 2013 | Group ThinkJohn Roman of the Urban Institute says we can fight crime by better integrating our cities.