August 21, 2020 After the cascade of news in the past several days and the Democratic National Convention, today was a relatively calm day… at least in politics. There are, though, some important stories. The first is getting less play than it should: the nation has lately been hit by a series of environmental catastrophes. California is in the midst of a brutal heat wave, and has been hit by 560 fires, many of them sparked by lightning. ...
- August 8, 2020
America’s top news continues to touch on the upcoming election. The Friday night news dump was about the United States Postal Service. Postmaster General Louis DeJoy, a Trump loyalist, has recently created new rules for the agency that have dramatically slowed the delivery of mail just as mail-in voting for 2020 has begun. Today, DeJoy overhauled the USPS, releasing a new organizational chart that displaces postal executives with decades of experience and concentrates power in DeJoy ...
- June 30, 2020
If you feel overwhelmed, there is good reason. We are currently in the midst of a number of storylines, any one of which would define any other administration. And the news comes so fast you can barely figure out who the players are before there’s another twist: There’s Russia and the bounties on soldiers, “white power” retweets, and Mike Pence actually wearing a mask.
- June 1, 2020Is Our Nation a Battleground Where There Will Be Winners and Losers?
- February 4, 2020This week: Impeachment and the Constitution. Lawyer Steven Harper has been following the Russian-Trump story from the very beginning, since before the election. He talks with Bill about what’s next.
- March 20, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- September 13, 2013A round-up of some of the stuff we're reading this morning at Moyers and Company.
- September 10, 2013A roundup of the stories the Moyers & Company crew are reading today.